Thursday, March 25, 2010

Raga Lalit and you

I see a rainbow as i close my eyes
Eyes which were wet
moments back,
intoxicated are they now,
as i sing to those austere melodies
set in Lalit
Alas! Mellifluous are they to but a few
as for me i sing
lalit and forget myself
i wish u could listen too
i wish i could pester you to
Can i wake u up?
I see the swaras floating in thin air
as i get deeper into this slumber.
I'm getting deep asleep,
and as you know,
I must wake u up,
Wake me up from mine.
You know as you knew always
immaterial are the roles
The process is what i want
oh but it was preconceived
benignly?the thought u'd pester me?
Didn't i see it through?
Was this too preconcieved?
Oh Lord!What's what?And who are we?
Life's so difficult to comprehend.
You are unfazed with these inconspicuous events,
Don't assume oblivion of the mayhem behind.
This chaos of absolute nothingness.
Now u'r beginning to think
And reason too?I knew you would.
My ambiguous self,you know
Hence you strive
To superimpose differences on you
Yet you will yield,
This dance of chaos shall end,
And with it all impending ambiguity
And with it we.
End it now
End it forever.




5 comments:

  1. I feel Kamala Das here..simple with Indianness..good

    ReplyDelete
  2. kamala das=komolesh lol
    Lalit and "you" 'you' is pic mein bandi hai !
    ahem ahem :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want to listen to Raga 'Lalit' in your voice some day.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dance of chaos will end...The garden of soul will be filled with evergreen plants bearing the purest and the sweetest flowers for sure...

    ReplyDelete